How to add a new class
1. To add a class, click on 'become a host' on the top right. If you have the button 'sign up' select that option and sign up. If you have a button 'add class', move to the next step.
2.2. Click on 'Add a class'
note: Another way to add a class if you have already added classes before is to select your name, top right, then select hosting, add a class. Note: if you are using a mobile phone or tablet, select the three lines on the top right to be able to see these options
3. Enter the class details in each field and follow the prompts.
Each field needs to have a value. When entering the location, for the location field, enter a street number and street name first, then the suburb or city. (The street number is optional). Do not enter a building name, unit number or suite number. Wait until options appear and select one of the options. For online classes, select the location type online and then enter your address or a valid address. The system does need a valid address to continue. In the notes field add in extra location details such as building name, signage, directions etc so the attendee can find the venue.
Note: the full address is not given to the attendee until the booking is confirmed. The attendees prior to booking only see the suburb. This means if you run a class where you do not normally give out the address until they are booked, you can enter the location in here and the attendee will not see it until they are booked in.
Note: If you cannot move past this point it is most likely that the location field has not been entered correctly. Try entering just the street and suburb in the location field and put the full address in the notes field.
4. Enter the title, short description and further details about the activity. Every field, including what to wear needs a value. In notes you may like to mention anything that has not already been mentioned in the other fields. You do not need to enter any prices at this stage. You can add in a website address, email and contact details for if you are on the Flexi Plan. Select submit
Tip: The short description information is used for searching. Be sure to include words in the description that are keywords for searching so people can find your class.
5. Scroll to the top of the page. Select 'add a time'. Select the date of your next class. Select the time it starts and duration of class. Select how frequently the class repeats. Select an end date if your class is by term or finishes on a set duration. Select add to schedule
6. If your class runs during the week at different times or days, select 'add a time' again and enter the next day and time. Then repeat until you have added each instance of the class. You can also use this option if your class runs monthly, or at specific times throughout the year. You can add as many class times as needed.
7. Next select, add a fee. If the cost is for a period with a start and end date (eg School Term) select 'full term', otherwise select 'Class Pack'. Then select the number of classes the cost is for and enter the amount. You can dd in a price for one class and then add in additional costs for multiple classes. When adding a cost it will show the merchant fee. It defaults to include the merchant fee in the price. If you would like the attendee to pay the merchant fee, select Add Fee to Price (note, if the class is booked through your own website or cash at door, the merchant fee does not apply).
Note: if the class is a free class, enter a price of zero and select 'pay cash at door' in the how the class will be booked option. You will need to be on the Flexi Plan for this option
8. If you have further cost package options such as multi-class pass, select, add fee and repeat. You can add as many cost packages as you require
9. Next select how you would like the class to be booked. It can be booked through mudputty, through your own website or booking system, paid cash at door, or have the attendee message you before booking. Booking through mudputty is the default. The other options are available on the Flexi Plan.
Note: The numbers show for kids classes, over 55's classes and yoga and fitness related classes where people want to try the class before committing, the pay cash at door options sees the most bookings
10. Read the terms and conditions for mudputty and stripe. Stripe is the payment platform used if you are booking through mudputty and is who the payments are processed through. The Stripe terms only apply if you choose for the bookings to be through mudputty. Tick the box and select SUBMIT
11. To add another class, select hosting, add a class
12. Next add photos for each of your classes (see instructions below)
- As mudputty takes care of all the payments and bookings, you do not need to mention how to pay or how to book. See how it works for hosts and how it works for attendees for more information
- Any contact details and address details are not given to the attendee until they have booked. Attendees see the suburb only during their search phase.
- Please do not enter any email or website address in the notes or detail fields. This information is given to the attendee after booking. Any contact information entered will be removed from the preview and only shown once the attendee has booked.
- Many fields in your class list are mandatory to help attendees search. The more information you provide in these fields, the easier it is for attendees to find and book your class
Having trouble adding a class:
- If you are using a phone to enter your class and your class details are not saving, please try a different device
How to add photo's to your class
1. Select your name top right, then hosting, select the class you want to add the photo to. Select 'photos'.
2. Select choose file. Choose the file and select upload.
Note: Photo's are in landscape format (16:9). Please ensure file size is less than 4MB
Tip: Classes with photos receive more bookings than classes without. Photo's are a wonderful visual aid to enhance your class. If you don't have a great photo, try using one from unsplash.com - a wonderful resource for free photos.
How to edit your class
- Select your name top right, then hosting, select the class you want to edit. Select 'edit class'.
2. Follow the prompts and on the last page, select 'Create class'
How to delete, suspend or unlist a class
- Select your name top right, then 'hosting'.
2. Select the class you want to unlist.
Select 'manage unlisting'
3. Select 'unlist'.
Note: to relist a class, perform the same step and select relist.
Unlisting a class removes the class from the search and bookings pages. Any existing bookings before the class is unlisted will remain. To remove the existing bookings these you will need to cancel the bookings.